JW.ORGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JW.ORGFORUM

JW.ORG-FORUM was created only for open civil discussions. No one will tell you that your opinion is not allowed. Trouble makers are banned without question. Peace.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Baptism - in whose name

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TruthBeTold

Baptism - in whose name Empty
PostSubject: Baptism - in whose name   Baptism - in whose name Icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2015 4:35 am

Baptism - in whose name

"Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the holy spirit" Matthew 28:19
One of the signs that we are living in the last days, the Jehovah's Witnesses will tell you, is that they are engaged in the preaching work and baptizing many [thousands] each year.

But in whose name are they baptizing so many people each year?
Is it in the name of the Father, Son and holy spirit - as Jesus commanded?

When I was younger, 'so much younger than today' I was baptized and these are the questions that I was asked prior, to baptism.

1. "Have you recognized yourself before Jehovah God as a sinner who needs salvation, and have you acknowledged to him that this salvation proceeds from him, the Father, through his Son Jesus Christ?"

2. "On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for salvation, have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to God to do his will henceforth as he reveals it to you through Jesus Christ and through the Bible under the enlightening power of the holy spirit?"

However, since 1985, the baptism questions have changed.
Would I today be able to answer yes, to the following questions?

1. "On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?"

2. "Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization?"

Now question number one. I have no problem with. It is short and straight to the point.
Question two however - there's a problem, a big problem.
"Do you understand .. " - do you really comprehend, what it is that you are about to do?
That is what they are asking here.

"Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses"
Hold on a minute - hold the phone.
I would not be dedicating myself to God, and Jesus Christ?
I would not be getting baptized in the name of the holy spirit?
You are kidding me, right?

"In association with God's spirit-directed organization"
I would be dedicating myself to an organization, here on earth?
An organization is taking the place of Jesus Christ and the holy spirit?
I am getting baptized in the name of an organization?
Is that what you are telling me?
The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, is taking the place of Jesus Christ and the holy spirit?

Well, there are so many things wrong with question number two.
Now as far as I know asking questions is still allowed, or am I wrong?
However, brethren, brothers, sisters and comrades. I will leave it to you to give an answer to the thoughts above.

The command of Jesus Christ is clear.
To 'baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son and the holy spirit'
Is it really that important to follow the words of Jesus Christ?
You are getting baptized - does it matter that you will not be getting baptized in the 'name of the Father the Son and the holy spirit?

Until we meet again, be good, be careful and may your god go with you.
Back to top Go down

Baptism - in whose name
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JW.ORGFORUM :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: