JW.ORGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JW.ORGFORUM

JW.ORG-FORUM was created only for open civil discussions. No one will tell you that your opinion is not allowed. Trouble makers are banned without question. Peace.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Please post links of old literature and sources for research

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Please post links of old literature and sources for research  Empty
PostSubject: Please post links of old literature and sources for research    Please post links of old literature and sources for research  Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 7:38 pm

Here's a site I've been checking out the past few days; https://archive.org/search.php?query=subject%3A%22Charles+Taze+Russell%22&page=3
Back to top Go down
http://jworg.forums-forfree.com
TAZEMEBRO

PostSubject: Re: Please post links of old literature and sources for research    Please post links of old literature and sources for research  Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 11:06 pm

Woah! DallasCanada's stache!! NIce.
Back to top Go down
TAZEMEBRO

PostSubject: Re: Please post links of old literature and sources for research    Please post links of old literature and sources for research  Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 11:15 pm

I just wanted to say to Admin I'm a big fan of all you do. You've posted some really amazing videos. I have found them to be such a good resource in my search for truth (no matter what cost). Seriously. Good stuff.
Back to top Go down
TruthBeTold

PostSubject: Re: Please post links of old literature and sources for research    Please post links of old literature and sources for research  Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 2:09 am

"When persons are in great danger from a source that they do not suspect or are being misled by those they consider their friends, is it unkindness to warn them?
They may prefer not to believe the warning they may even resent it.
But does that free one from the moral responsibility to give that warning?"
WT Jan.15,1974 page 35.

Who can disagree with the above?

I cannot post the links as yet, as this came up "New members are not allowed to post external links or emails for 7 days
Back to top Go down
Pookigirle

Pookigirle

PostSubject: Re: Please post links of old literature and sources for research    Please post links of old literature and sources for research  Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 6:33 am

According to dictionary.com the word EDUCATION means...."the act or process of imparting or acquiring general knowledge, developing the powers of reasoning and judgment, and generally of preparing oneself or others intellectually for mature life."

I cannot help but hear Jesus Christ words in this meaning. Does he not admonish us to use our powers of discernment and reasoning? {{Hebrew 5:14, "But solid food belongs to mature people, to those who through use have their powers of discernment trained to distinguish both right and wrong."}} Does he not ask us to continue to grow to maturity? {{Ephesians 4:14, "So we should no longer be children, tossed about as by waves and carried here and there by every wind of teaching, by means of the trickery of men, by means of cunning in deceptive schemes."}}

I once heard a person say....."It is unfortunate that one "finds the truth" because then they stop searching!!" Instead, Jehovah God and Jesus Christ tell us, -- KEEP -- searching the scriptures - as an adminition. {{Proverbs 1:7 "The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of knowledge.
Only fools despise wisdom and discipline."}}

I look forward to continuing my education and expand my knowledge. History plays a large part of any wisdom and therefore to get a foundation of understanding we must look at the history. Jesus said he would be the cornerstone of the foundation -- so obviously, we must look at the foundation to get the understanding. {{ Ephesians 2:20 "and you have been built up on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, while Christ Jesus himself is the foundation cornerstone." 1 Peter 2:6 "For it says in Scripture: “Look! I am laying in Zion a chosen stone, a precious foundation cornerstone, and no one exercising faith in it will ever be disappointed. }}

According to JW.org the definition of foundation is: "The base, or substructure, on which a building is erected and which serves to distribute the weight of the superstructure equally over the ground. Since the STRENGTH AND PERMANENCE of a building depend largely on the STRENGTH OF ITS FOUNDATION, great care must be exercised in laying the foundation."

The Governing Body is in full agreement with the study of our history. In the Jeremiah Book, page 117 paragraph 4, it reads....."Another way the Jews could have sought Jehovah was by searching through history and considering how he dealt with his people. Thus they could have called to mind what had gained God’s approval and what had incurred his wrath. They had Moses’ writings and a number of inspired historical records as well as the annals of the kings of Israel and Judah. By meditating on those and by listening to God’s true prophets, the Jews in Jeremiah’s day could have grasped the answer to the question “Where is Jehovah?”

So, thank you for the historical writings that contain the foundation of our beliefs (at the above cited link). It will be interesting and exciting to read and research the founding education of our service to Jehovah God. History is vital!! History is education!!! History will tell us the truth!!
Back to top Go down
TruthBeTold

PostSubject: Re: Please post links of old literature and sources for research    Please post links of old literature and sources for research  Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 9:40 am

A part of educating ourselves is in knowing where we came from, why we are here and where we are going, if anywhere.
And a search of history, not just of the human race but of any religion, political, social system that we may follow, is also very important.

For as Winston Churchill once said "History is written by the victors"
For the conquering army takes over, enslaves the people, writes the history books. Their version of truth about what lead up to the war, how the war was conducted and the treatment of the enslaved people, is now a part of history.
It has been suggested and also written about, that what we were taught in the history class at school, is not necessarily true.

So too with the history on any religion you could point a stick at.
And that would also include, the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Pookigirle wrote:

The Governing Body is in full agreement with the study of our history.

The question has to be asked.
Is that statement above really true?
Are there any skeletons in the cupboard of the Jehovah's Witnesses that they really need to keep secret, not just from their members but from the world at large?
Back to top Go down
TruthBeTold

PostSubject: Re: Please post links of old literature and sources for research    Please post links of old literature and sources for research  Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 8:54 am

What happened at the world headquarters of Jehovah's Witnesses in 1980?
http://www.freeminds.org/media/index.htm

Child Baptism
http://jwvictims.org/2015/05/14/has-the-governing-body-of-jehovahs-witnesses-committed-blasphemy-in-encouraging-young-children-to-be-baptized/

Doomsday Cult.
http://jwalumni.org/2015/05/01/jehovahs-witnesses-doomsday-cult/

November 2013 Watchtower.
Quote :

“At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not.”

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Please post links of old literature and sources for research    Please post links of old literature and sources for research  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please post links of old literature and sources for research
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JW.ORGFORUM :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: