JW.ORGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JW.ORGFORUM

JW.ORG-FORUM was created only for open civil discussions. No one will tell you that your opinion is not allowed. Trouble makers are banned without question. Peace.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Food at the proper time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TruthBeTold

Food at the proper time Empty
PostSubject: Food at the proper time   Food at the proper time Icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 2:20 am

Food at the proper time.

Quote :

Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time?
Matthew 24:45

Let's take a closer look at one of those meals. The study of the Watchtower magazine, usually on a Sunday.
One hopes that the preparation has been done using only the best ingredients known to man and using the best spiritual chefs in the business.
The meeting opens with a song, an apéritif if you will, not the best analogy, but bear with me.
A prayer is then offered thanking God, the gatherers of the food and not forgetting the chef who blends all the flavours, spices and is responsible for the presentation of the food on the plate.

Those present then open their magazine and the food aroma raises from the pages passing their noses and fills the air as it makes its way to the ceiling of the Kingdom Hall.
The expectations of a well prepared meal, also fills the hearts and minds of all those in attendance.
The first paragraph is read out from the Watchtower magazine and the question at the bottom of the page, is then asked.
Oh joy of joys, the answer to the prepared question is there before them and a hand is raised and the answer is read out from the paragraph.

All those present chew the food carefully, not wanting to miss and savour the wonderful flavours that has ..
Enough of this nonsense - enough I say.
Well, if that is food at the proper time - I will eat my hat.
In fact the hat may taste ..
Where is a good editor when you need one.
At all the meetings that I attended from the age of five to 40 years old, I was spiritually starving to death.
I repeat, I was spiritually starving to death.

Picture the scene. It is a rain filled afternoon and the sky is as black as sin. The rain has no intention of stopping and I am wet through to the skin.
I'm 22 years old. Pioneering miles from my home town and working alone in West London, in the UK.
I'm sheltering in a shop doorway and turn hoping to see a cafe or somewhere to sit out of the rain.
It is a Christian book shop and I think, hey, why not, no harm in sheltering in one of Christendoms books shops. What will they have that could ever be called spiritual food?

The owner looks up as I enter and I see an old cracked leather armchair, the sort you often see in a dentists waiting room.
I remove my coat, put my bag on the floor, sit in the chair and stare at the books in front of me.
As my wet clothes are drying around me, I'm checking out the books on the shelves.
I now have in my hand the book titled, The mind of Jesus, by William Barclay.
Question. Can a book ever change your life? A serious question here people.
Apart from the Bible, can a book ever change your life?

I remained a JW for another 20 years. But how many talks I gave as a ministerial servant, using the words of William Barclay, I cannot tell.
Also the book Mere Christianity, by C. S. Lewis, was often used, just a phrase here and there.
There are many sins that have been committed by the leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses.
I do not intend to list them here. But removing Jesus Christ as mans personal saviour, has to up towards the top of the list.
As for fulfilling the scripture and giving food at the proper time, if it was not so serious, it would be funny.

Until we meet again, be good, be careful and may your god go with you.

Back to top Go down

Food at the proper time
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JW.ORGFORUM :: Your first category :: Your first forum-
Jump to: