JW.ORGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JW.ORGFORUM

JW.ORG-FORUM was created only for open civil discussions. No one will tell you that your opinion is not allowed. Trouble makers are banned without question. Peace.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Jesus and God

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Jesus and God Empty
PostSubject: Jesus and God   Jesus and God Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2015 10:34 pm

Did anyone in the bible ever call Jesus God?
Back to top Go down
http://jworg.forums-forfree.com
judasjehovah

judasjehovah

Jesus and God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus and God   Jesus and God Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 3:11 pm

From my understanding, Jesus is referred to as 'god', not 'God'. But didn't someone in the bible refer to him as 'father'?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Jesus and God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus and God   Jesus and God Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 8:48 pm

He has been referred to as God(capital G) and Father. Smile
Back to top Go down
judasjehovah

judasjehovah

Jesus and God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus and God   Jesus and God Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 8:50 pm

Who called him God?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Jesus and God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus and God   Jesus and God Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 8:59 pm

The only place I know where he is called "father" is from Isaiah 9:6- For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

He is also called God with capital G as seen above and there are a couple more scriptures I'll post.

John 1:1- In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Thomas called him God in John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
Those are a few that call him God.
Back to top Go down
judasjehovah

judasjehovah

Jesus and God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus and God   Jesus and God Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 9:02 pm

Ah yes, I remember now. This is what happens when one doesn'the pick up a bible. Smile
Back to top Go down
Hickory

Hickory

Jesus and God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus and God   Jesus and God Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 11:37 am

judasjehovah wrote:
Ah yes, I remember now. This is what happens when one doesn'the pick up a bible. Smile

Ah yes, and smoking dem jibber's doesn't help the memory either  santa

Wouldn't ya loved to have been a fly on the wall when the anonymous NWT committee was discussing how to translate John 20:28 into English?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jesus and God Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jesus and God   Jesus and God Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jesus and God
Page 1 of 1