JW.ORGFORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JW.ORGFORUM

JW.ORG-FORUM was created only for open civil discussions. No one will tell you that your opinion is not allowed. Trouble makers are banned without question. Peace.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your first subject

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Your first subject Empty
PostSubject: Charles Taze Russell the founder of the Watchtower Society: Great pyramid   Your first subject Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 6:23 pm

Why was the Great pyramid of Giza so important to Watchtower theology?
Back to top Go down
http://jworg.forums-forfree.com
judasjehovah

judasjehovah

Your first subject Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first subject   Your first subject Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 10:26 pm

From what I understand, Russell was a Mason, and the measurements of the pyramid were a fundamental part of his chronology/eschatology. It's been a while. Need to brush up on my Russell. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shutit

Your first subject Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first subject   Your first subject Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 9:04 am

I think you got the majority of that down pat.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Your first subject Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first subject   Your first subject Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 9:56 am

judasjehovah wrote:
From what I understand, Russell was a Mason, and the measurements of the pyramid were a fundamental part of his chronology/eschatology. It's been a while. Need to brush up on my Russell. Very Happy

God knows I've searched for years to find actual proof of him being a Freemason. There were times I thought I found actual proof, but the information then proved otherwise. There will always be a search with this...I know the masons have looked into their records and have told others he wasn't a mason, but yet, they can always just be lying about it IF Russell did not want to be known as being one(theocratic warfare). Who knows...maybe he was a Rosicrucian or under a whole different type of Order(there are so many). His belief of the pyramid mixed in with biblical teachings have basically transformed him into a 'new ager.' The society rejected all of this, but still retain the year 1914. Anther sad issue is the ongoing changes Russell had to make that led up to this year..and apparently it still isn't the correct year as we see by our modern WT society today and it's miserable failures..
Back to top Go down
judasjehovah

judasjehovah

Your first subject Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first subject   Your first subject Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 10:04 am

It seems incredible that more JWs aren't bothered by all the craziness that formed their religion. Back in the 80s I remember an elder saying; "sure glad we don't believe in Russell's teachings anymore." Lol! As far the Mason connection, maybe he was a wannabe. Just plain weird.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Your first subject Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first subject   Your first subject Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 10:09 am

That's exactly what I've concluded about his connection with the masons. He seemed to be a wannabe and or he used similar symbols to draw in the masonic so called "Christians." He had the money, he had his ideas, now he needed the followers..
Back to top Go down
judasjehovah

judasjehovah

Your first subject Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first subject   Your first subject Icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2015 10:31 am

Very plausible. Russell probably looked at Masons as a high society wealthy bunch of religious men. What better than to have a bunch of rich, influential guys filling the coffers.
Back to top Go down
TruthBeTold

Your first subject Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first subject   Your first subject Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2015 8:36 am

Pastor Russell's Convention Discourses
www.heraldmag.org/olb/contents/russell/crs.pdf

Page 921
Quote :

If you feel that you want to become a member of the Free and Accepted Order of Masonry, and do not feel free and Masonic enough as a follower of Christ, God bless you, use your judgment; that is yours to decide, not mine.
But now I am talking about this great order of masonry of which Jesus is the Grand Master

Quote :

Although I have never been a mason. I have heard that in Masonry
they have something which very closely illustrates all of this

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Your first subject Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your first subject   Your first subject Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your first subject
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
JW.ORGFORUM :: Your first category :: Your first forum-